Thursday 29 April 2010

Drag Your Heels: just don't run in them...

Hi(gh) heels,

(clever, huh? No? Alright then...)

Just a quick one to let you know what's been happening in our world... After a couple of gig cancellations recently (involving double booked venues, and a flooded flat - don't ask) we got to at least play one of our scheduled shows, which was at the Abbey in Kentish Town.

It was a really fun night with good people, rockabilly DJ's (who played a great set, including the first song me and Tommy ever found mutual ground on: Give Him A Great Big Kiss by the Shangri-Las, which has also been covered by New York Dolls and Johnny Thunders, hence Tommy's appreciation) and also a celeb spot in the form of Ed Westwick from Gossip Girl.

We've never actually watched the show, but an American teen-drama star spot (ok, well apparently he's from Stevenage, but still) always seems more exciting than seeing someone out of Hollyoaks or Skins for obvious reasons.





Phil from Hiroshamour had asked us to play the gig as part of a joint birthday do with his daughter Charlie, and their band Honeygene also played which was pretty cool. Lovely pure vocals, and a cover of Jolene thrown in at the end: what more could you possibly want?


Unfortunately a combination of a few too many ciders, and wearing ridiculously high platform heels meant that I did embarrass myself (as I often do) by running for the bus on the way home, completely misjudging my footing, and falling smack on my face. Fun.

It was one of those falls that happens in slow motion too: you know you're going, but you literally can't stop yourself. So I'm now sporting grazed knees not unlike a six year old's, but it's all good: Roland the Drum Machine fortunately didn't break, as I was carrying him in my 80s stripey briefcase.

Speaking of New York Dolls (which I did, earlier) we also managed to get down to their gig at Koko which was a-ma-zing. Will probably blog more about them at some point, but for now, here's one of the very few pictures that my rubbish camera managed not to blur.


Until next time,

♥ Lucy Loveheart ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment